Sunday 27 May 2012

Rose - Delicious Doodles

Happy Memorial Day Weekend to all my US friends and hope my Ozzie friends enjoyed their national holiday yesterday as well.

The monthly challenge at St.Lukes Charity Card Challenge is one layer.  I found that sooo hard and it's taken me 3 weeks to come up with a card (lol) but it's good to challenge yourself right.  I was so nervous to stamp the sentiment because if I messed that up , well you know what that means!  Note to self....stamp the sentiment before colouring!  This is my first time colouring Delicious Doodles "Rose" digital.  I used Copics T1 around the image to give it a slight shadow.  


Now, please ignore the smudge (left hand corner)...oh I know you're looking - your eye is drawn right to it!  I've used digitals for so long, I've forgotten how inky I get !!  I dry embossed the edges with Spellbinders Grand Templates by Donna-Salazar called Creative Book Pages Two.  Sentiment is from another set of Amy R. Stamps

 Copics:  R29, R27, R24, R22 and E09

I'll also be entering this card into the Little Miss Muffet Challenge #35 - Anything Goes.  

 
Thanks for stopping by. Hugs, Pat K.

15 comments:

Tonya said...

Pat, this is gorgeous. The rose is so real looking. Fasntastic job!!

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous Pat,stunning image.xxx

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

Oh wow Pat! I absolutely love your colouring on this...it is just so perfect! Such beautiful details....and I never noticed the smudge! hehe ;)

Unknown said...

Hi Pat, love your card, what a gorgeous rose! Thanks for sharing with Little Miss Muffet Challenges. I noticed you haven't posted the LMM 'new' badge which is mandatory for this challenge. You can take the HTML code of the LMM blog. If you enter the link you have a chance of winning the entire new release, how cool is that?! The badge will updat itsself, all you have to do is enter the link whenever a new release comes out. Hugs, Frea DT Member LMM Challenges

Kelly Schelske said...

Absolutely beautiful Pat!

Craftdee said...

What a lovely elegant card, beautifully finished (can't see a smudge, lol) TFS, Donna ☺

Stamps and Paper said...

Simply stunning your colouring is beautiful...thank you for joining in our challenge over at St Lukes

Anne

Shazza said...

oooh this is so striking, love it x

Stephanie said...

WOW!!! Your coloring is fantastic!! The rose looks so real. I love the embossing too. Beautiful card!! Thanks so much for playing along with us in this week's SNSDC.

Patricia H said...

The embossed border sets off the gorgeous rose so nicely. Thanks for joining in this week's Sweet 'n Sassy Digi Challenge!

Jenny said...

Now that is what I call stunning shading...so realistic!
I know how heart-breaking it is when you mess up the sentiment after all the hard-work of finishing the rest of the card!!!
Love the embossed frame too :0)
Thanks for joining us at St Luke's this month :0)
Jenny x

Lynne said...

Wow! What a fabulous Rose and so beautifully coloured. I love the frame too. Thanks for joining us at St Lukes this month and braving the dreaded one layer challenge.
Lynne xxx

Deborah Frings said...

Stunning! The rose is so realistic. I really like the deeply embossed border. Thanks so much for playing along with St Luke's Charity Card Challenge!

M said...

This is SO beautiful! The depth you have created with your coloured rose is amazing - it's hard to believe it's one layer! Really amazing, and the tiny smudge is barely noticeable so don't worry about that! M x

Tara Cardwell said...

Well it might have taken you a while to be able to play along but it was sure worth the wait. Your rose colouring is simply stunning! I love the embossing too - it really frames the design. I have ruined soooo many one layer cards my dropping my ink pad, smudging the edges or stamping crooked sentiments that I've lost count so you're not alone in that fear!
Thanks for joining our dreaded one layer challenge this month.
Tara
x